Tips for a Great Tan
BEFORE YOUR SESSION
Preparation for a spray tan should begin at least eight hours prior to your application.
1. Exfoliate at least 24 hours prior to spray tan. Use oil free products. Pay attention to dry areas like feet, knees and elbows.
2. Skin must be free of any lotions or moisturizers prior to a spray tan as these will act as barriers to the tan and will affect the development of your tan. Use PH balanced cleansers only.
3. Shave at least 24 hours prior to tanning with a sharp razor. Avoid razors that have a moisturizing strip. ( Can cause streaking)
4. Wax 24-48 hours prior to tanning session.
5. Wear dark loose fitting clothing for after your session and flip flops.
*I will provide disposable undergarments if you choose to wear during your session.
AFTER YOUR SESSION
1. You will receive a drying treatment after the tan.
2. Avoid showering or excercising and other ways of sweating or getting wet.
3. Wait 6-8 hours before you rinse off the bronzer (if possible, 24 hours). The cosmetic bronzer will wash off. Use tan extenders daily. Tan extenders will help your airbrush tan sustain for up to 2 weeks.
4. Moisturizing is the key element. I recommend cream-based moisturizers.
5. Avoid long hot showers or baths and harsh scrubbing. (No Dove products)
* Like every other tan, an airbrush tan lasts longer the better you take care of it!!